Thursday 6 March 2014

As you left

I stood in the balcony and watch as you disappeared around the corner, tears falling from my eyes not caring if the neighbors saw me. I felt numb; I couldn't find the strength to move so I sat down on the steps allowing the feelings that had been bottled inside to flow freely, silent tears became loud sobbing. I wrapped my arms around my shivering body hoping to find some comfort wishing that this would all be a dream.
  I sat there motionless and it felt like everything was frozen in time for the tears wouldn't stop. Not knowing when it had started but as I wiped away the tears that were blurring my vision I felt that my face was wet and so was my hair, my entire body, my clothing soaking from the pouring rain. I felt my hands hurting and looked down to see that my knuckles were almost as white as snow from the length of time that I sat with my fist clenched together.
I try to get up from where I sat while the tears still run down my face, sadness in my heart realizing that even the universe had conspired and was sharing my pain, the reason for the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment